Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What's In Your Fridge?

You know it's time to clean the fridge when your parents are coming for a visit. I mean really, who does this on a regular basis? Not me. You read my last post, right? I am a messy by nature so the last thing I want to touch is the fridge. Besides, it's my way of staying in school. Ode to the Science Class. I have so many science projects going on in there, I can't even keep them all straight.

I am the kind of person who dry-heaves just from opening the container and even getting a little whiff of what's inside. So, I have learned a lesson. It may not be budget-friendly but unless it's in one of my nice plastic containers, I just toss it right into the trash. Why throw-up when you don't need to? Unless you have a few pounds to lose. Kidding.

The truth is my father is not capable of throwing food away. He is known around the family as The Finisher. He will dig through the fridge and eat what's in there. And I have visions of him coming to me and saying, "I just finished off that pot roast." My horror response would be, "I don't have any pot roast." So you see why it's imperative I clean out the fridge. It's not only to impress my parents but to save a life. My dad's. Can you imagine if I killed my children's grandpa while he was visiting from a year old science project in my fridge? I'm sure we'd make the news.

Well, off I go. I only have two days to get this done. There's a lot of stuff growing in there. Who wants to come over for dinner? Hee Hee.

2 comments:

linda t said...

Reneene, you are so funny! I so get you.
I just hosted a pie crust making class and I had not cleaned my oven in... well, I had never cleaned my oven. And it was disgusting... and offensive. So I did.
I must be so out of shape, because I could hardly move the next day. Who knew squatting & scrubbing my oven would be such a pain. haha!

Reneene said...

Linda, that is so funny. I love your story. I think we might be soul sisters. Remind me never to host a pie crust making event. Oh, I don't like to cook, so that won't happen! But I'm certain my oven needs a looking over. Oh dear, good stuff for another post. Thanks for reading. R