Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You Can't Come In!

Thought I'd give you a peek into my corner of the world. At this very moment. Being real, as you know I am, I have been in a pit as of late. Really what this means is I'm struggling with some depression again. This isn't new for me but it's been awhile. If you haven't dealt with depression, lucky you. I thought I'd share some of the lighter, funnier side of it.

First, my home is unrecognizable right now. I am very picky as to who gets in. "It can't be that bad," you say. Well, it's January 26th and my Christmas tree is still up, ornaments and all. Why? I just don't have it in me to take it down. I keep thinking, if it's still up by Valentines Day then I'll just hang red hearts all over it. Easter...eggs. You get the picture?

Imagine the worst teenager's bedroom. My bedroom looks even messier. I've decided if you do come into my house, you'll have to sign a consent form. You cannot talk about what you see or take pictures or ever speak of it again. When you are in a pit, this is what happens. If things don't improve soon, you may see me on one of these "Hoarding: Buried Alive" shows.

There are piles of clean clothes in the leather recliner and I just keep adding to the stack. When the kids need something to wear, I tell them to dig through that pile. It's all very sad actually so I can't really harp on my kids to pick up their rooms when mine looks like a bomb went off in it. Sort of hypocritical.

Forgetfulness is a reality when you are deep in a pit. Last night I put my dog in her crate at 10pm and I normally let her out in the morning. Poor Abby. I forgot about her this morning. I found her at 2pm still in her crate. Bless her heart. That's not all. Today has been tough. I broke my garage door (again) this morning. I was warming up the car to take the boys to the bus stop and then I pushed the button to open the garage. But it was already open, smash! Right on top of my van. Wait until I tell my father-in-law, he had to fix it the last time I did something stupid.

The worst of it is...come close so I can whisper this. I just invited some family members to come stay at my house this weekend and even offered to host a birthday celebration event. I have exactly two whole days to clean the whole thing up! Oh dear. What a predicament. Where is Cat in the Hat when you need him? And Thing One and Thing Two?

So the question is. Do I leave the tree up or have my relatives help me take it down? My dear sister-in-law Jodi is coming to the rescue on Friday and helping me whip this house into shape. SHE will sign a consent, she just doesn't know it yet. So glad God is all about grace. I am needing extra doses of it. Along with my own garage door company!

1 comment:

Debbie Henry said...

oh Reneene ... i SOOOO know what you are talking about... since is struggle with it too. my predicament is that the housecleaner is coming tomorrow and we are frantically trying to get our crap out of the way for her to clean. i love your posts ... and when is your book going to be written? i cant wait to read one about your "gray hair" and aging! LOL