Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Testimony

Thank you for all your encourgaing words! Makes a girl want to press on. I start my new job on Monday so time is fleeting for me. A goal I have is to share my story with you this week. A few of you have heard my testimony but most have not. As some of you know, I traveled to Phoenix in March 2009 to share my story at Bethany Bible Church at a women's event. And again at my brother Shane's church a few days later. Many of my good friends bought tickets for the dinner/event to hear my testimony with no clue what it was about. I think most people believe Jeff had brain cancer for 4 years and I was this incredibly strong person who handled it with such grace, strength, blah, blah, blah.... Nothing could be further from the truth. So this week I will share with you how amazing God is and how we prayed for 4 years for a miracle for Jeff and for healing for Jeff. But in the end, the miracle and healing was for me. I was the miracle. Yes, of course Jeff was perfectly healed in heaven but Jesus HEALED me. Because He knew what we didn't, that Jeff would be leaving this earth and I would have the grand task of raising three children alone. And my entire life I wanted to be whole but struggled everyday with it. My only Hope was healing from Jesus. So I will share my story with you this week. The miracle was me.

2 comments:

Jasonsuper50 said...

I have heard your Story and an amazing one it is. Your Story is still unfolding and you are still blossoming into a wonderful amazing Mom and women! God is still working in you, and through you you give me hope and peace. Thank you!

linda t said...

I can't wait to hear your story Reneene. I have a feeling it is exactly what I need to hear at this time in my life.